HDLA x KKG Gyaru Takeover

 Hello gals, its been a while! I just went back to school this week but I will try to at least post once a week on here! And the week before that was Harajuku day LA x Kira Kira Gals event!◝(ᵔᗜᵔ)◜

I was definitely preoccupied with preparing for that! I had a lot to do at the actual event from doing gyaru makeovers, to judging the gyaru runway, and to selling some hand made gyaru accessories! If it sounds like alot- guess what? IT WASSSS (⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠) And before I continue I want to preference that I had an amazing time for the most part, but I kept jumping from thing to thing that I barely had time to breathe and take in everything happening around me. Next time I need to learn how to set boundaries for myself and not overwork myself either. That is a big sacrifice you make when you want help bring an event to life, alot of work goes into this. 

So my original CO*DE idea was pink/ white hime BUT my pieces were delayed in the mail(╥﹏╥) so i got on call with my friends who know nothing about jfashion and had them help me pick an outfit so here are the results! Do you guys like what they came up with? (i didn't get the chance to take my usual photos with a photographer of my CO*DE)


At the event I got straight to work on doing makeovers! The first two clients were a delight and were very excited to be trying gyaru makeup for the first time. I was so happy that they enjoyed their make overs. However one gripe I have with how we put out the applications was that people signed up not knowing what gyaru is- I want people who want/ have an interest in gyaru to try gyaru, not just any random person. Let me explain some more! This next person during our consultation applied for agejo but kept sending manba references- maybe a misunderstanding (idk how cause we had reference photos but whatever) I kindly explain that its not agejo. They proceed to send me pics of myself as references, a total jump but ok! i can definitely do that! Comes to me doing this person's makeup and I start conversation, I get to doing the eyemake up they start saying its too much... Me: "Um- well yeah thats kind of the point. Gyaru is bold" Keep in mind they originally wanted MANBAAAA MAKEUPPPPP!!!!!???? I start putting on lashes and they complained(っ- ‸ - ς) I politely say: "If you don't like doing makeup and you can't keep up with doing this style of makeup gyaru is not gonna love you back. I don't think this is for you. there are plenty of other jfashion that don't require makeup that you can try" they look at me completely offended and ask "what is jfashion?" THATS IT I CAN"T ANYOMRE WITH THISSSSS! I politely explain as I try to finish their make up and the demand to see a mirror so I hand it to them, they looked very upset and said that they were done and wanted to leave. I said I wasn't finished but they just left but yk what I'm totally ok with that cause I was soooo over it. (def gotta go on a tangent another time about the significance of make up in gyaru and how doing research is vital to being a part/ trying out any subculture)

Me doing makeovers (she was so sweet!!)

Brushed it off cause now it was immediately time for the fashion show. It was kinda allover the place but still enjoyable. Then I barely had time to go out and talk to other new gals but I really tried. I think what I missed sm about this event is that because of how much I was doing I didn't have time to get to know all of the gyaru in attendance(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ ) community is very important to me which is why I want to do as much I can for KKG because I want gyaru to grow the right way! I still count this event as a massive success

More pics:

Fashion Show Judges (left) Winners (right)

Me having a gyaru model moment where I show off the pic of myself that we used as inspo at the make over stationᕙ( •̀ ᗜ •́ )ᕗ

My friend that came to support me ദ്ദി ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ )
Purikura Sarina and I took together to commemorate our 4th Galiversary/ Galversary (i've seen it spelled both ways lol) ٩( ᐖ )人( ᐛ )و and my photos from the Gyaru make over station that were used as insop! I decorated them with stickers⋆✴︎˚。⋆

My Tsukishima Kei Fan


Also go watch this vlog of the event filmed by a fellow KKG member!

HDLA x KKG VLOG

Thanks for reading, XO Jacey🌺

Comments

Popular Posts

Gyaru Taobao Shop Master List (2024)

Girl's Life

Welcome ♡